BARRY’S RESTAURANT AND BAR
The Data Controller is Douglas Taverns Limited, trading as Barry’s of Douglas.
We fully endorse and adhere to the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation and Irish data protection legislation. Specifically, we are committed to:
- Obtaining and processing information fairly.
- Keeping information only for specified, explicit and lawful purposes.
- Using and disclosing information only in ways compatible with these purposes.
- Keeping information safe, secure, accurate, complete and up to date.
- Ensuring that information is adequate, relevant and not excessive.
- Retaining information for no longer than is necessary for the specified purpose or purposes.
- Giving a copy of personal data to the individual from whom it was taken on written request.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We collect information from you:
- when you make a booking.
- when you visit our restaurant (preferences, allergies etc.).
- make an enquiry.
- when you sign up to marketing emails.
What type of information is collected from you?
Barrys of Douglas collects information such as:
- e-mail address (used for booking confirmation)
- billing information taken for deposits, ticketing, or holding credit card information for
- marketing preferences (if you opt-in to our mailing list)
If you book a table us through a third-party website, they will transfer your personal data to us, and we will process it in line with this policy in order to carry out our contractual obligation to you.
Our online reservations are taken with software powered by ResDiary. They will collect and process the above data on our behalf to process your booking. ResDiary is a data processor for Barry’s of Douglas.
We may also process other data, which is not personal data. When you access our website or wi-fi facilities, your device’s browser provides us with information such as your IP address, browser type, access time and referring URL which is collected and used to compile statistical data. This information may be used to help us to improve our website and the services we offer, and to offer services to you.
USES MADE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use your personal data that we hold to:
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- comply with legislation; and/or
- notify you about changes to our services.
We do not sell, rent or share any of your personal information with any other party including any third-party joint promoters, nor use it for unapproved commercial purposes. Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary to complete a booking, because you have consented to our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails) or because it is in our legitimate interests. We require the information outlined in the previous section to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- Send you service emails (booking confirmation).
- Improve our products and services.
- Send marketing communications ONLY if you have opted in to receive them.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not pass your details to any third parties for marketing purposes unless you have expressly permitted us to. Furthermore, you can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email.
When making a reservation, you have the opportunity to opt in to receive periodic communications regarding promotions and offers from Barrys of Douglas. Likewise, if you sign up to our newsletter, you will be given the opportunity to opt in to receiving these communications. These will contain information related to services which we feel may interest you. If you have chosen to receive them, you may opt to stop receiving these e-mails at any time, via the link that will be provided at the bottom of such emails.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
This website may provide links to a number of other websites that we believe might offer you useful information and services. However, those sites may not follow the same privacy policies as Barrys of Douglas. Therefore, we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the actions of any third parties, including without limitation, any web site owners whose sites may be reached through this Site, nor can we control the activities of those web sites. We urge you to contact the relevant parties controlling these sites or accessing their on-line policies for the relevant information about their data collection practices before submitting any personal information or other sensitive data.
HOW AND WHERE DO WE STORE DATA?
For reservations taken through ResDiary software, your data will be stored in the UK. ResDiary data is stored securely in data centres managed by Rackspace. We have ensured that this data is secured in accordance with Irish and European data protection legislation. ResDiary will only process your data on our instructions and will not use your data for any other purpose.
As an individual, under EU law you have certain rights to apply to us to provide information or make amendments to how we process data relating to you. These rights apply in certain circumstances and are set out below: –
- The right to access data relating to you (‘access right’).
- the right to rectify/correct data relating to you (‘right to rectification’).
- The right to object to processing of data relating to you (‘right to object’).
- The right to restrict the processing of data relating to you (‘right to restriction’).
- The right to erase/delete data relating to you (i.e. the “right to erasure”).
- The right to ‘port’ certain data relating to you from one organisation to another (‘right to data portability’).
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Small pieces of information, stored in simple text files, placed on your computer by a web site. Cookies can be read by the website on your subsequent visits. The information stored in a cookie may relate to your browsing habits on the web page, or a unique identification number so that the web site can “remember” you on your return visit. Generally speaking, cookies do not contain personal information from which you can be identified, unless you have explicitly provided such information to a website
WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES MAY BE USED ON THIS WEBSITE?
STRICTLY NECESSARY COOKIES
Strictly Necessary Cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around this website and use its features. We use these Cookies to enable the services which you have specifically asked for.
Examples of Strictly Necessary Cookies that may be used on this site:
ResDiary session cookies: maintains the user session during the booking process.
Performance Cookies are Cookies which collect information on how visitors use a website, i.e. which pages visitors go to most. We use these Cookies to collect information anonymously on the pages which you have visited.
Examples of Performance Cookies that may be used on this site:
ResDiary session cookies: Tracks conversion statistics.
Functional Cookies are Cookies which allow the website to remember choices made by the user (name, address, language). We use these Cookies to remember choices made to improve our users experience.
Advertising Cookies are Cookies which are used to deliver adverts more relevant to a user’s interests. They remember that a user has viewed a website before. They are often linked to the functionality of the site. We use these Cookies to collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
Third party cookies are cookies that are set by a domain other than the website that is being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and another entity sets a cookie through that website, this would be a third-party cookie.
Examples of third party cookies that may be used on this site:
Google Adwords: collects statistical information about use and conversion.
Google Remarketing: allows advertising to users who have visited the site.
Facebook: social media sharing.
Twitter: social media sharing.
Cloud Flare: speeds up and provides an extra layer of security to this website.
Double Click: Google-powered digital marketing tools.
C-Me Online: Website hosting platform
TripAdvisor: An online service that provides users (“you”) with recommendations for hotels, resorts, inns, vacations, travel packages, travel guides, flights, vacation rentals.
Cookies used by us enable us to improve our website and to deliver a more personalised service for you.
HOW TO DELETE OR SET COOKIE OPTIONS IN BROWSERS
If you don’t want to receive cookies, you can modify your browser settings; the Help function within your browser explains how to change these settings. You can also visit www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to manage cookies on a wide variety of desktop browsers.
You can delete the cookies stored on your device or alternatively you can change your privacy settings on your browser via the following links.
Please note that by blocking cookies, you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website, in particular the use of the booking engine to complete a reservation.
- Open the ‘Menu’ (icon) on the toolbar
- Choose ‘Settings’
- Open ‘Advanced Settings’
- Go to the ‘Privacy’ section and click on ‘Content Settings’
- In the ‘Cookies’ section, you can choose how cookies are used when you browse using Chrome
- Open the ‘Edit’ menu
- Choose ‘Preferences’
- Open ‘Privacy & Security’
- Choose ‘Cookies’
- Open the ‘Tools’ menu
- Select ‘Internet Options’
- Open the ‘Security’ tab
- Choose the ‘Internet’ zone
- Identify the security level ‘High’ for this zone
- Click ‘OK’.